Senior Water Resources Engineer
Hart Crowser is seeking an Associate Level Water Resources Engineer to grow our water resource capabilities in our Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon office. The engineer will contribute by developing and undertaking projects and providing engineering and hydrologic/hydraulic expertise. This individual will report to the Manager of our Environmental Sciences and Engineering Division, but will also work for other senior project managers as needed on a regular basis.
The daily responsibilities of this role will largely be focused on marketing water resources opportunities; preparing technical proposals with costs; and leading project work, technical research, report preparation, field studies, and water resource database management.
Technical focus areas include but are not limited to aquatic sciences, ecosystem restoration, wetland design and restoration, floodplain management, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, fish barrier removal, and watershed management. Specific knowledge and past use of applicable water resource modeling tools is necessary.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identify strategic plan to implement successful pursuit strategies that can build and expand Hart Crowser’s base of public and private clients throughout the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii specific to water resources.
- Lead and conduct hydrologic, hydraulic, floodplain, flood risk, sediment transport, and/or water quality modeling, calculations, and studies and design using simulation software.
- Prepare effective proposals, presentations, and assume leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Direct, deliver, and manage technically excellent work products for multiple and large-scale planning projects and teams focused on riverine systems, watershed management, floodplain and flood control, estuary restoration, salmon recovery, and ecosystem protection and restoration.
- Mentor and develop junior staff members, and perform quality checks on work products.
- Manage budgets, schedules, product quality and compliance standards for client satisfaction.
- Support and encourage an existing culture of teamwork, quality, service, and fun.
- MS Water Resources and/or civil or environmental engineering
- PE in Oregon and/or Washington
- 15+ years related professional experience with increasing responsibility
- Proven history identifying strategic opportunities and implementing successful pursuit strategies
- Has strong working relationships with federal, state, and local client
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical and presentation skills.
- Reasonable knowledge and network in the local region.
Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. As a condition of employment, the individual must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume below.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
HART CROWSER, INC.
An Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify Employer