Project Environmental Engineer
Hart Crowser, Inc. is currently seeking a Project Environmental Engineer for our Environmental Services Division in Portland, Oregon. The position will focus on assessing, investigating, and remediating contaminated sites in Oregon. Work will involve conducting projects with Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) staff under Hart Crowser’s contract with DEQ as well as projects for a diverse private and public client base. Responsibilities include technical and report development, and project management.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, with an emphasis on environmental disciplines.
Certifications and Licenses: Engineer-in-Training (EIT), or Professional Engineer (PE)
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years related professional experience in relevant areas.
- Direct knowledge of the Oregon cleanup program, including Oregon law and regulations, and interaction with DEQ staff.
- Experience on projects ranging from Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (per ASTM and AAI standards) to more complex cleanup projects.
- Interaction with subcontractors, including obtaining quotes, overseeing their work, and invoice review.
- Strong writing skills are a must.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience conducting environmental investigations, remediation, and regulatory compliance under broader environmental cleanup regulations including CERCLA, TSCA, and RCRA. Knowledge of Washington MTCA may be useful as well.
- Skills in a related environmental practice area, such as sediment investigation, risk assessment, and mine cleanup/closure.
- Conducting marketing and business development activities with potential clients, identifying and pursuing new project opportunities.
- Serving as a Task Order Manager for DEQ projects and project manager for other clients.
- Providing work assignments and performance reviews to ensure the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Supporting existing client relationships through proactive communication, coordination, and technical project work in area of expertise.
- Managing projects to achieve profitability, loss prevention, and quality assurance.
- Conducting fieldwork when needed to provide expertise or oversight for the successful completion of projects.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter, resume, and writing sample via our Careers page at www.hartcrowser.com.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
HART CROWSER, INC.
An Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify Employer