Hart Crowser, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary earth, environmental, and natural resources consulting firm headquartered in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Our staff of scientists and engineers provide a wide range of services, from strategic planning and initial studies through permitting, design, and construction oversight. We take pride in providing innovative and creative solutions to our clients in private industry and the public sector.
We are currently seeking a Staff Scientist for the continued growth of our Environmental Science and Engineering Division in Portland, Oregon. This position will involve extensive field and vessel work; therefore, prior field experience and availability for long days and multiple days in a row, regardless of the weather, is critical. Strong observation, technical writing, team interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision are also necessary.
Required Education: BS or MS degree in biology, ecology, natural resource management or similar natural resource field.
Certifications and Licenses: State drivers’ license with a good driving record is required. An ideal candidate must have an ability and interest in obtaining pertinent licensing and certifications.
Required Experience: One to three years related work experience. Acceptable candidates range from recent college graduate with solid academic performance to experienced field scientists. Strong technical writing skills are critical. The ideal candidate should also have a desire to support business development and revenue generation efforts.
Responsibilities of This Role Will Require the Following:
- Ability to work flexible and changing schedules, including overtime and occasional weekends, and willing to travel daily within the region.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in all weather conditions.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintenance of technical instruments and boats.
- Prior experience with GPS and data management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including field report writing.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Include the Following:
- Prior consulting experience.
- Familiarity with local flora and fauna.
- Prior experience with powerboat operation, including inclement weather conditions.
- Washington or Oregon state boating license or a US Coast Guard OUPV captain’s license.
- Familiarity with regional navigable waters.
- Experience with statistical analysis and chemistry.
- Knowledge and hands-on skills with Geographic Information Systems.
- Experience with unmanned aerial vehicles.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER (will be a requirement for the position once started).
- Interest in identifying and pursuing new clients and project opportunities.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume.
HART CROWSER, INC.
An Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify Employer