Hart Crowser, Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist for the continued growth of our Environmental Sciences and Engineering Division in Seattle. We are a multi-disciplinary earth and environmental consulting firm. Our engineers and scientists provide a wide range of services from initial site assessments through remediation, including stormwater compliance, regulatory permitting, remedial design, construction oversight, and final documentation.
Required Education: BS or MS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or closely related field.
License: Washington EIT, PE, LG, LHG, or on track for licensure.
Preferred Skills and Experience: 0- to 3+ years related professional experience in:
- ASTM/AAI Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Field investigations of contaminated soil, groundwater, surface water, and air/soil vapor.
- Stormwater sampling, construction, and compliance monitoring.
- Familiarity with subcontractors and contractors at construction sites.
- Self-starter and solution oriented.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Fieldwork, including some travel and occasional weekend work.
- Perform engineering calculations and apply mathematical concepts as needed.
- Review and interpret field and laboratory data.
- Prepare boring logs, geologic cross sections, and maps.
- Preparing well written work plans and reports.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to interact effectively with project managers and clients.
- Good report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Current drivers’ license.
- The ability to lift 40 to 50 lbs.
Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume.
HART CROWSER, INC.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EOE/M/F/DISABLED/VETERAN/VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR/E-VERIFY EMPLOYER