Entry- to Mid-Level Hydrogeologist
Hart Crowser, Inc. is currently seeking a Hydrogeologist for the continued growth of our Environmental Sciences and Engineering Division in Seattle, Washington. We are a multi-disciplinary earth and environmental consulting firm. Our engineers and scientists provide a wide range of services from initial site assessments through remediation, including regulatory permitting, remedial design, construction oversight, and final documentation.
Required Education: MS in Hydrogeology, or closely related field.
License: Washington LHG, or on track for licensure.
Preferred Skills and Experience: 0- to 5-years of related professional experience in:
- Investigation and remediation of contaminated soil, groundwater, surface water, and air/soil vapor.
- Construction dewatering.
- Drilling and groundwater monitoring technologies.
- Hydrogeologic site characterization including identification of aquifers and aquitards.
- Evaluation of groundwater flow.
- Interpretation of subsurface data.
- Developing conceptual hydrogeologic models.
- Conducting and analyzing aquifer tests.
- Groundwater modeling.
- Familiarity and/or desire to work with subcontractors and contractors at construction sites.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state environmental laws and regulations.
- Planning and conducting environmental and hydrogeologic field investigations.
- Fieldwork, including some travel and occasional weekend work.
- Summarizing and interpreting field and laboratory data.
- Preparing boring logs, geologic cross-sections, and maps.
- Writing professional-quality reports.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, including report writing and interpersonal skills with project managers and clients.
- Participation in client presentations.
- Current drivers’ license.
- Ability to lift 40 to 50 lbs.
Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume.
HART CROWSER, INC.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EOE/M/F/DISABLED/VETERAN/VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR/E-VERIFY EMPLOYER