Engineering Geologist/Geological Engineer
Hart Crowser, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary earth and environmental consulting firm. We provide innovative and creative solutions to clients in private industry and the public sector. We are pleased to have an immediate and unique opportunity for a senior-level Engineering Geologist/Geological Engineer to join our Portland/Vancouver office.
This individual will manage geologic hazards and geotechnical engineering projects. Position responsibilities will include managing and mentoring junior geologic and engineering staff for field reconnaissance and mapping, landslide investigations and stability analyses, rockfall assessments, geotechnical investigations and design, and development of construction recommendations for a variety of geologic hazard, linear corridor, commercial development, industrial development, transportation, and port/harbor projects.
An ideal candidate for this position will have an MS in Engineering Geology, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or similar, 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional experience as a consulting engineering geologist/geological engineer, a propensity for client and business development, and licensure as a geologist and/or engineering geologist.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Identify and implement strategic plans to expand Hart Crowser’s geologic hazard service capabilities and client-base.
- Prepare effective proposals, presentations, and assume leadership role in the development of business with new and existing clients.
- Have reasonable knowledge and network in the local region, including strong working relationships with state and local clients.
- Mentor and develop junior geologic staff members.
- Conduct and manage geologic and geologic hazard field investigations, reconnaissance, geomorphic characterization, and mapping at watershed to site-specific scales.
- Evaluate geologic hazards such as, landslide, rockfall, and seismicity.
- Collect and interpret aerial photographic and remote sensing data.
- Prepare geologic and geotechnical reports.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
HART CROWSER, INC.
An Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/VETERAN/DISABLED/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify Employer