Engineering Geologist/Geological Engineer
Hart Crowser is a multi-disciplinary earth and environmental consulting firm. We provide innovative and creative solutions to clients in private industry and the public sector. We are pleased to have an immediate and unique opportunity for a senior-level Engineering Geologist/Geological Engineer to join our Portland/Vancouver office.
This individual will manage geologic hazards and geotechnical engineering projects. Position responsibilities will include managing and mentoring junior geologic and engineering staff for field reconnaissance and mapping, landslide investigations and stability analyses, rockfall assessments, geotechnical investigations and design, and development of construction recommendations for a variety of geologic hazard, linear corridor, commercial development, industrial development, transportation, and port/harbor projects.
- Identify and implement strategic plans to expand Hart Crowser’s geologic hazard service capabilities and client-base.
- Prepare effective proposals, presentations, and assume leadership role in the development of business with new and existing clients.
- Have reasonable knowledge and network in the local region, including strong working relationships with state and local clients.
- Mentor and develop junior geologic staff members.
- Conduct and manage geologic and geologic hazard field investigations, reconnaissance, geomorphic characterization, and mapping at watershed to site-specific scales.
- Evaluate geologic hazards such as, landslide, rockfall, and seismicity.
- Collect and interpret aerial photographic and remote sensing data.
- Prepare geologic and geotechnical reports.
- An MS in Engineering Geology, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or similar
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional experience as a consulting engineering geologist/geological engineer
- A propensity for client and business development
- License as a geologist and/or engineering geologist.
About Hart Crowser
Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume.
Hart Crowser, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify employer.
Click the link above to apply directly for this position.