Business Development Lead
Hart Crowser, Inc. is a multidisciplinary geotechnical and environmental services consulting firm headquartered in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We provide innovative and creative solutions to clients with a variety of commercial and industrial development, transportation, municipal infrastructure, and port/harbor projects in offices in Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska. Our firm has over 110 professionals in two business units and provides services in several markets in the geotechnical and environmental engineering arenas.
We are pleased to have an opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced Business Development (BD) Lead to join our corporate Marketing team. The position will be located in our growing Portland, Oregon office, however it will support our other developing offices in Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii. We have recently added several smaller offices as well as new services in Oregon that we are looking to develop and strategically grow. The goal of the position will be to work with multiple geographic areas and business lines to help build market share and expand our client base. We seek a professional who can assist and/or lead strategic market analysis and strategy development efforts; actively help develop working relationships with clients in Oregon and Washington; help discover and pursue new opportunities; and develop strong business development materials.
The specific responsibilities of our BD Lead will include the following:
— Support/develop strategic marketing efforts:
- Develop an understanding of services, markets, and key clients.
- Research and track possible opportunities, key clients, and upcoming markets.
- Assist in developing a strategic marketing plan for offices and markets.
— Assist in client development and pursuit positioning and research:
- Engage with and represent firm in professional marketing and industry community.
- Interact with clients and owners to learn about opportunities and determine correct technical contacts.
- Support senior technical staff to develop new clients and bring new projects into the firm.
— Support development of marketing materials and assist with interview:
- Evaluate RFPs; coordinate and write proposals for multiple business units and offices.
- Work with the marketing department to develop local marketing collateral materials.
- Assist with proposal interview preparation and practice.
- Ability to support social media presence and blog is a plus.
— Develop proposal, marketing, and client contact tracking database and work with marketing staff to maintain.
To meet the minimum requirements the successful candidate will have the following:
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a Marketing Lead or Business Developer.
- Excellent communications and English grammar skills, including writing and editing technical marketing materials.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work with teams in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Desire and ability to work proactively and engage with industry professionals.
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Experience within the A/E or a professional services firm is preferred.
Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and teamwork. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm.
HART CROWSER, INC.
An Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/VETERAN/DISABLED/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify Employer